Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 13:22:49 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Talkington <dtalk@prairienet.org>
To:        Matt Rudderham <matt@researcher.com>
Cc:        Tobias Roth <roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch>, tanbin <tanbin@empworld.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: mysterious power reset

I've experienced similar phenomenon with certain PCMCIA NICs
(involving top-quality brands of all involved equipment), so I've come
to suspect some bizarre interaction with BIOS in some cases.  I've
known some hard-resets to be associated with cheap WinModems, too, on,
um, other platforms.  Very disconcerting.

--
David Talkington
Community Networking Initiative

PGP key: http://www.prairienet.org/~dtalk/dt000823.asc