Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 12:10:47 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie, gnat@frii.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -STABLE reboots

Hi!

I have a similar problem, that I have seen before, although not this
bad:

I rebooted an nfs server yesterday evening, after a kernel rebuild.
Today, a df on a workstation that had the server mounted prduced an
immediate crash (no kernel panic, really; the screen just went black),
and the system rebooted! I have never seen a FreeBSD machine crash
before, at least from software(?) error! The stable is a few weeks old:
Thu Oct  9 10:45:58 CEST 1997

How do I prevent this? It is not the first time nfs gives me problems
when I take down a server. My guess is that I need to uncomment a few
lines in inetd.conf regarding rpc.* so the server can broadcast that it
is going down. Now it's untouched from the release. Am I right?

Regards,
Palle