Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:46:18 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: User PPP

[.....]
> > The easy way is to use the -alias switch to ppp and do away with natd
> > altogether.
>
> I can't find anything about the -alias switch for ppp in the handbook
> and the man page is a little cryptic. In short... I can't get it to
> work. Help!
>
> I disabled the natd/firewall stuff in the kernel and rc.conf, should I
> have left that in? Where do I specify the aliasing rules for ppp -alias?
> Is there anything else I need to do?

Ppp doesn't need any of the kernel options - so that's not the
problem.

In your ppp.conf, just

  alias enable yes

and then use the other alias commands for port redirects etc.  The
``-alias'' command line switch is the same as using ``alias enable
yes''.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>