Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 07:12:28 +0200
From:      Jacques Hugo <jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za>
To:        Charlie Root <root@dns0.rotting.cheese.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why does X kill my mouse?

Charlie Root wrote:

> Thanks,
> But I tried both of those, moused on or off makes no difference.

No, that's bullshit.  This is what my /etc/XF86Config file
looks like:

-----------------
Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "Microsoft"
    Device      "/dev/cuaa0"
----------------

My /dev/cuaa0 entry:

-----------------
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer   28, 128 Sep 17 12:48 cuaa0
-----------------

My /etc/rc.conf entry:

---------------
moused_enable="NO"
moused_type="auto"
moused_port="/dev/cuaa0"
moused_flags=""
---------------

Test your rc.conf settings and bounce your box.  moused should not
appear on ps.  Test your mouse again with /stand/sysinstall.
sysinstall fires up your moused while testing, so kill it after
you exit sysinstall.  Run xf86config again and make sure your
mouse points to /dev/cuaa0

This must work, really.

Good luck.

-Jacques

The box said "Requires Windows 3.1 or better"
			... so I got BSD

Network Administrator     | Jacques Hugo
UNIX Systems              | jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za
Cape Technikon            | +27-21-4603584