Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:35:57 +0930
From:      Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FXTV and no Audio (again)

In the immortal words of gabriel dandrades <normal1@gmail.com>...
> * Tried plugging in headphones into the audio out jack in the TV card
> - no go* Tried plugging in headphones into the audio out jack in the
> sound card - no go* Tried setting the volumes on the "mixer" to
> 100:100 and also the rest (i.e. line, line1 etc..) - no go
> * Tried using fxtv with the different mixer channels and no go either
> * Also tried using a diff sound device and well, that didn't work

>From the mixer man page:

mixer [-f device] [-s] {^|+|-|=}rec rdev ...

   ^rec  toggles rdev of possible recording devices
   +rec  adds rdev to possible recording devices
   -rec  removes rdev from possible recording devices
   =rec  sets the recording device to rdev

Try using swapping the input to line or mic, and see if that makes a
difference.  I know I have to mess about with this to get my BT878 card
working.

Cheers

Tim

--