Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:55:07 +0100
From:      "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <torfinn.ingolfsen@oslo.online.no>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [description?] cardbus vs non-cardbus

> does this help? CardBus is a GoodThing(tm).

Good, except for one thing; CardBus doesn't (currently) work in FreeBSD 4.-anything
(no, not in -STABLE either) and it will likely take some time before it does (read; don't
wait for it, go get yourself a non CardBus card if you need it in a FreeBSD machine right
now).

Second point; FreeBSD-current (which will become FreeBSD 5.0 in about a year) is a
version for _developers_, it is not intended for normal users, and you should not run it on
a production machine.

(Yes, I know I might be stating obvious things to experienced readers of this list, but
these questions are asked so often that it is worth repeating the answers once more.)
HTH.
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway