Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:06:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Trevin Chow <tmchow@sfu.ca>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Changing location for install of port?

I guess I have no real reason why I want to install certain applications
in their own directories.. Just a bit cleaner to me I suppose.

I have one question though:  Why does installing from source to a diff't
diretory prevent dependency problems later on with future applications?
What is different things take place?