Date:      Sat, 02 May 1998 08:47:04 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@apc.net>
To:        rosteen@elpn.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: named question

I'm not quite sure about this one, but I think it means it couldn't refresh
your cache.  What version of bind are you using?  If it's 8.1.1, check out
/etc/named.conf, and there should be a "." zone.  The file in this zone
should point to a named.root, which contains the root nameservers.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps :-)

At 07:52 AM 5/2/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello,
>I'm almost complete on setting up my nameserver. I only seem to get the
>following error in my /var/log/messages file.
>Is this a good sign or is there something I can do to make this machine
>cache domains so that I don't get this message anymore and it gives our
>users a bit more speed?
>

>cache refresh ignored
>

>Thanks,
>Rick

---
Dima Dorfman (dima@apc.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Micro$oft $ucks!  FreeBSD Rules!  http://www.freebsd.org/