Date:      31 May 2001 02:20:07 EST
From:      "Mark Sergeant" <msergeant@snsonline.net>
To:        "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setuid Shell/Perl scripts

Why not configure sudo so you can run command as user (nobody whatever web serv
er runs as) without requiring a password.

On Thu, 31 May 2001 03:12:01 -0400 (EDT), Dan Mahoney, System Admin said:

:: I've noticed that recently FreeBSD made it so that setuid shell and perl
::  scripts no longer work, and while I can compile a wrapper for some of the
::  applications, I'd like to know if there's any way to turn this
::  "feature" back off.  I'm planning to upgrade my servers from 3.2-R to
::  4.3-R, and the systems are secure (no users have shell access, other than
::  admins), but a lot of the web scripting relies on setuid scripts (for
::  example, scripts that allow our users to modify our radius entries, or our
::  web-editor, or even our change-your-password-via-the-web interface).
::
::  Thanks in Advance, please CC any messages regarding this to me, I'm not
::  subscribed.
::
::  -Dan Mahoney
::
::  --
::
::  "Happy, Sad, Happy, Sad, Happy, Sad, Happy, Intruiged!  I've never been so
::  in touch with my emotions!"
::
::  -AndrAIa as Hexadecimal, Reboot Episode 3.2.3
::
::  --------Dan Mahoney--------
::  Techie,  Sysadmin,  WebGeek
::  Gushi on efnet/undernet IRC
::  ICQ: 13735144   AIM: LarpGM
::  Web: http://prime.gushi.org
::  finger danm@prime.gushi.org
::  for pgp public key and tel#
::  ---------------------------
::
::
::
::  with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
::
::

--
Mark Sergeant