Date:      Fri, 03 Apr 1998 11:29:51 -0500
From:      MetcalJM@utrc.utc.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        metcalf@snet.net
Subject:   Q: Adapt code for terminal emulation to clean files

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could point me to some routines in the
FreeBSD source code.  To describe the code I'm looking for, let me
describe the problem I'm trying to solve.

My users and I log shell sessions with tools such as 'watch' and
'script'.  But as you know, they don't do any terminal emulation.
All characters appear there, backspaces, bell characters, etc.
I was wondering if I can adapt any of the routines used by the UNIX
terminal buffers to clean those files up line-by-line.  Or if you know
of
any perl code that has been written to do that, it would be appreciated
as well.

Thank You,

JM