Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:23:54 -0500
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "jacks@sage-american.com" <jacks@sage-american.com>, "Tom Parquette" <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
Subject:   Re: PC not powering up

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:55:48 -0600, jacks@sage-american.com wrote:

>Tom: Don't know if this is related, but I had to rturn one of those Antec
>black beauties because of switching problems.... now have exchnged it for a
>new Antec SOHO File Server case w/400w...
>
>I have found that it also has some problems that requires swithing off the
>back power switch before turning on the front switch. Apparently that does
>some sort of reset.... weird, but some was MB speed setting too. Now seems
>okay.
>
>Doubt if that is much help, but can atest to switching problems with the
>Antec.
>
>At 08:38 PM 1.22.2002 -0500, Tom Parquette wrote:
>>I have a PC I built with an Antec case and 350W power supply.  The
>>motherboard is a Tyan Tiger MP with two Athlon MP 1800+ processors.
>>
>>For some reason, FreeBSD no longer recognizes the APM support.
>>
>>Additionally, the machine refuses to power up, when I press the power
>>button, if it has been off for a while.  Example: powered down
>>overnight.  The only way I have found to bring the machine back up is to
>>unplug the 120V power cord to the machine.

I've used antec cases before as well, but it didn't seem like the 300W
power supply was very stable, got it from best buy because i needed a
case quick.  shows you not to buy computer stuff from best buy.  I
ordered a full tower and 400W supply for a about $20 more then the
midtower/300w combo

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 6E7B 9993 B503 6D45  E33A 2019 26E5 C1DB