Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 1998 21:08:10 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        "Dima Dorfman" <dima@phix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pppd

"Dima Dorfman" writes:
> I'm trying to setup kernel PPP, and after kermit dials and I start pppd, I
> get disconnected.  I'm not exactly sure who disconnected me (my ISP or
> kermit), but ppp tells me the modem hung up.
>
> Any ideas?

I too tried to follow somebody's kermit examples. While I was once able
to invoke kermit manually then transistion to pppd, wasn't able to
automate it. Chat worked much better. This is my chat script (with
altered phone number):

ABORT 'BUSY'
ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
'' AT&F2L1dt5551212
TIMEOUT 40
CONNECT

/etc/ppp/options starts chat like this:

connect "/usr/bin/chat -f /etc/ppp/login.chat.script"