Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:02:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dennis Ostrovsky <denis.ostrovsky@yale.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.8 -> 3.x: the calm before the storm

So I cvsup'ed the sources this morning, and did the mergemaster thing.
From my understanding I do a "make upgrade" now to bring user land and the
kernel into ELF, as well as to install the new bootblocks, and make
upgrade does all of this.

So let me make sure my assumptions are sound:

1) After doing make upgrade and the machine re-boots, everything will be
ELF (except ports, packages), and I'll be 3.1-STABLE. make world is only
for subsequent upgrades after 3.1.

2) I need to install compat22 so that the stuff that isn't ELF will run.
When should I install this? And how do I install it?

Dennis

    Dennis Ostrovsky ** Department of Chemistry ** Yale University

E-mail: den@master.chem.yale.edu     WWW: http://pantheon.yale.edu/~do33