Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 21:48:45 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Export restrictions for Kerberos?

Hello!

I tried to install krb5 and it basically told me that it is
illegal to do so outside of the U.S., because Kerberos contains
encryption software that cannot be exported from U.S.

I admit that U.S. legislation is not one of my fields of
expertise, however, I remember hearing some time ago that lot
of U.S. export restrictions for cryptography were removed.

Is Kerberos still considered "too good" to be exported from
U.S.? If so, what alternatives do you recommend?

--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.