Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:01:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Van Artsdalen <james-freebsd-amd64@jrv.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Opteron ECC

Several weeks ago I reported an instability in my system WRT ECC.

It turns out that AMD has published its Opteron errata sheet and
errate item 101 appears to be the issue: a bug in the Opteron means
you can't have both "node interleave" and ECC scrubbing on at the same
time.

I've turned off node interleave.  I have no idea what are reasonable
values for ECC scrubbing in ROM setup but it seems more useful to
leave scrubbing on than to enable node interleave, even without a
NUMA-aware kernel.

(this only applies to multiprocessor systems)