Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:49:23 GMT
From:      Socketd <db@traceroute.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recommend some programs for gnome + sawfish?

HI all

I have just begun working seriously with gnome + sawfish, after switchin=
g=20
from KDE (I was told gnome + sawfish is going to be the UNIX "standard" =

GUI). I would just like some recommendations on some programs, btw all=20
X-windows programs can run under gnome right? But what about kde/qt=20
programs? (only some of them or what?)

Mp3 (Xmms?)
C++ graphical env (not for graphical programming, just a graphical env) =

(Anjuta?)
Browser (Netscape?)
Mail/word/nntp (staroffice?)
Playing mpeg, divx, wmv, mov?
Cd-player?
Icq (gnomeicu?)
MSN client?
Yahoo client (ymessenger?)
MS netmeeting client (gnomemeeting?)
For developing web pages, a WYSIWYG editor?
File manager?
IP voice (Speak freely, isn't there a graphical one?)
Kazaa client?

Btw I found that edonkey can't find any servers. Can it have something t=
o=20
do with the fact that I am behind a firewall and the server is trying to=
=20
connect to me?

Hope someone can suggest some good programs :-)

br
socketd