Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 23:50:30 -0600
From:      dannyman <djhoward@uiuc.edu>
To:        salettas@pilot.msu.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install across DHCP

On Sun, Mar 01, 1998 at 11:22:23PM -0500, salettas@pilot.msu.edu wrote:
> I downloaded and installed the bin package for FreeBSD, and even managed to
> download and compile isc-DHCP v2.0b1. After setting up the config and script
> files, when I try and run the dhcpclient, I get a 'can't find free bpf'
> error. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

you need to recompile the kernel to support bpfilter ...

pseudo-device   bpfilter        4       #Berkeley packet filter (DHCP DEPEND)

works for me, using dhclient ...

23:50 arh0300:~> cat /etc/start_if.ed1
#!/bin/sh

#dhcpc -n ed1
#ifconfig ed1 inet 130.126.72.10 netmask 0xffffff00
#route add default 130.126.72.1
dhclient ed1

--
  //Dan   -=-     This message brought to you by djhoward@uiuc.edu    -=-