Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:31:05 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   thread safety and host lookups

Hey folks.  I'm working on a port from Solaris to FreeBSD.  For the
most part, things are pretty straightforward, but I can't seem to find
the details on thread safety for some system calls.

gethostbyname_r() is the thread safe call that replaces
gethostbyname() on Solaris.

Is there a similar alternative call in FreeBSD, or was the default
system call modified to ensure thread safety?

TIA
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Kramer's Law:
  You can never tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.