Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 13:01:24 -0600
From:      Jeremy Bender <jbender@b-ainc.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Happy98 blocker, was Re: sendmail melissa blocker

>> > Could it then be filtered through AVP's virus scanner (for
>> > linux...)?
>>
>> yep although istr someone has written a specific program (i.e. not
>> procmail) to unpack mimeparts and run them through a scanner - I'm not
>> too sure how good procmail is at unwrapping mimes? - it was mentioned on
>> one of the freebsd lists, possibly -chat or -stable between 6 months and
>> 2 years ago (!)

There is a script that does this, it extracts mime attachments, scans them
with any of several antivirus progs (i'm working on getting it to work with
avp now) and interfaces with the sendmail/procmail system (though it can be
modified to work with qmail as well).

The script can be downloaded at http://aachalon.de/AMaViS/

Hope this helps,

Jeremy Bender