Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2007 06:36:18 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        noc@hdk5.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Test on FreeBSD site

> Aloha,
>
> How long does it take for a test to be accepted or rejected on the
> FreeBSD test mail box?
> Is three minutes normal for a test to pop up?
> I had some FreeBSD 7 config issues and this nearly caused me to think I
> hadn't cleared the problem  because it took quite a while to pop up.

It depends on how busy the server is at the time you send it, among
other factors.  I haven't noticed if the mail servers are doing
greylisting, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were.

In this day and age, with the spam scourge and all the alleged "solutions"
that everyone's mail servers use, anything less than 10 minutes for a
delivery should be considered successful.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com