Date:      Sun, 09 Aug 1998 13:43:09 +0200
From:      Stefan Veith <veith@bigfoot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems with Luigisīs sound driver

Hello!

I have just installed FreeBSD-2.2.6 and want to add sound support for my
SoundBlaster 16 (original) card. As I heared a lot of positive comments
on the new driver, I included the following lines into my kernel
configureation file to make it work:

controller	pnp0
device pcm0	at isa? port? tty irq 7 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr

Nevertheless I now get this dmesg output:

Probing for PnP devices:
CSN 1 Vendor ID: CTL00f0 [0xf0008c0e] Serial 0xffffffff
pcm1 (SB16pnp <Vibra16X> sn 0xffffffff) at 0x220 irq 7 drq 3 flags 0x11
id 8
Probing for devices on the ISA bus:
sc0 at 0x60-0x6f irq 1 on motherboard
sc0: VGA color <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x0>
pcm0 not found at 0xffffffff

Why does the kernel recognize pcm1 but not pcm0 whereas I have only one
card? Is everything working well then???

However doing a "cat chords.wav > /dev/audio1" produces only crushing
noises instead of a melody. Where is my mistake then, I read all
available information materail very carefully.

	Stefan.