Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:21:09 -0200 (BRDT)
From:      Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        void <float@firedrake.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "iowait" CPU state

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > Thank you!  This gets the me disk %busy, which is one of the things I
> > was looking for.  Now, can anyone tell me how to tell what percentage of
> > processor time is being spent waiting for disk I/O to complete?
>
> Uh, none?
>
> If there is disk I/O pending, the processor just runs a
> different process... am I missing your question?

I guess it might be useful to see the difference between
"true" idle time and time the system couldn't do anything
useful because it was blocked on the disk (but /should/
have done something useful...).

regards,

Rik
--
"What you're running that piece of shit Gnome?!?!"
       -- Miguel de Icaza, UKUUG 2000

http://www.conectiva.com/		http://www.surriel.com/