Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:38:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@RWSystems.net>
To:        Rafal Banaszkiewicz <raf@tb-303.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Little question (offtopic)

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Rafal Banaszkiewicz wrote:
> 	I wonder if FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE has support for Adaptec 2940 U2W
> scsi controller . I know that 2940U and 2940W works fine , but what with
> 2940U2W ?

We have 2940s, but have switched almost completely to the TekRam (was
ASUS) SCSI cards based on the NCR/SymBIOS 53C875 chip. We've been using
the DC-390F UWSCSI board for about $78 at www.mcglen.com. (They also make
a U2W SCSI board) I have been using pairs of them in a news server or two
to handle the ccd drives for spool and history w/o any failures in the
last two years. They ROCK under FreeBSD - clean and fast. HTH - Jy@