Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:03:12 +0200
From:      "Aistis Zenkevicius" <noc@unix.lt>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ide hdd and dma problem

hi folks,
    can someone guide how to disable DMA on ide hdd, or help me to solve
a problem ?
I got such errors in my /var/log/messages :
ad3: HARD READ ERROR blk# 148382361ata1-slave: WARNING: WAIT_READY
active=ATA_ACTIVE_ATA
ad3: HARD READ ERROR blk# 148382361 status=59 error=40
ad3: DMA problem fallback to PIO mode

And would like to disable dma usage,  or i *have* to set that in BIOS so
hdd is in PIO mode ?
btw, kernel option ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI_DMA is not enabled right now.

Aistis