Date:      Sat, 03 Jun 2006 12:56:58 +0300
From:      Yousef Raffah <yraffah@savola.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portmanager keeps on reinstalling the same port

--=-4gkN+AsCd/JJh1OxwPMt

excuse the n00b in me but I'm trying to install a port using portmanager
as installing it the traditional (make install clean) way failed and the
one of the cool guys on the list here suggested to use portmanager to
resolve the problem.

I have synced my ports as of today morning and tried to launch:
# portmanager deskutils/taskjuggler -l -f

the thing is, portmanager kicks out and tries to reinstall lang/perl5.8,
although it had reinstalled it earlier and I'm sure I have perl 5.8.8
installed already!. I'm not sure if this is a normal behaviour of
portmanager? But I will keep on monitoring it and see if it all goes
well

--
Sincerely,
Yousef Raffah