Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 13:31:35 +0100
From:      Markus Schumacher <schumacher@ito.tu-darmstadt.de>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Call for Participation: Survey on Vulnerability Databases

Hi folks,

maybe this message is a somehow off-topic, but we think that
you, as subscribers of this security related mailing list, are
the best target group and might be interested in our work.

We are a research group at the Darmstadt University of Technology,
Germany, Department of Computer Science. Our current studies focus
on the systematic analysis of software vulnerabilities. As an
example we want to apply data mining algorithms in order to
assess or prognose vulnerabilities, and to avoid their causes
(e.g. reoccuring coding/design faults).

We have prepared a survey in order to determine the most acceptable
operational properties of a vulnerability database that will be of
use for the greatest possible group of people, companies and
institutions.  Therefore we are trying to gather some information
about the terms of use that would be accepted by most users.

If you have some time please have a look on our survey at

http://www.ito.tu-darmstadt.de/survey.html

Cheers ...

Markus
Markus Schumacher

Darmstadt University of Technology          fon: +49 6151 16-6217
Department of Computer Science (ITO)        fax: +49 6151 16-6229

mailto:schumacher@ito.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.ito.tu-darmstadt.de/staff/Markus/zzz