Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 20:56:37 -0700
From:      "Jeff W." <dmt@bigfoot.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD takes 8 years to boot up

Well, not literally, but a damn long time.  I know I have to reconfigure
the kernel to only probe for the devices known to exist, but after doing
that, it still takes a long time.  I notice the lag right after it detects
my hard drive, and then another lag after detecting the CDROM.  Is there a
way around this, or should I just get used to getting up for a drink while
FreeBSD loads?
 --Jeff W.

"dude things out here are out of   ahh...     ahh.    known reality."

"mail me my damn toothpaste.  yeah... that's right bitch.
and send it priority too."

 My trippy page (note the address change):
 http://2cb.home.ml.org