Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 07:18:09 -0700
From:      "Dan Graaff" <subscribed@de-net.org>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: freebsd rootkit

rik,

Humor or not, the idea is to not be compromised to begin with.. I think if
it were added to the ports tree it would NOT increase the chances of you
being rooted, because if you WERE being attacked by someone whos intent is
to root you.. you'd be rooted anyway! Thats the whole problem with the gun
laws.. those who want guns will get them legally or illegally... the ports
collection is a convienience, not something hackers rely on, or even use...

-Dan Graaff / Digital
The DE-Network