Date:      09 Jan 2002 11:43:09 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        "Alexander N. Kabaev" <kabaev@bellatlantic.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, green@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH TCP forwarding: works with v1, not with v2 ssh

> In message <3C3A4338.80003@bellatlantic.net>, "Alexander N. Kabaev"
> writes:
> >   Could you please try the following patch from OpenBSD CVS and post
> > your results here? Who knows,
> > maybe release engineers will consider including it into upcoming
> > 4.5-RELEASE if it fixes problem
> > for you :)
> > http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/ssh/channels.c.diff?r1=1.10
> > 9.2.1&r2=1.109.2.2
>
> The patch fixes the problem for me.

I feel like a newbie, but I can't tell how to rebuild just the openssh
contributed src, rather than the entire OS.  Doing a basic make in the
dir fails:

  cd /usr/src/crypto/openssh/
  make -k
  ===> lib
  "Makefile", line 21: Malformed conditional ((${KERBEROS:L} == "yes"))
  "Makefile", line 21: Missing dependency operator
  "Makefile", line 23: Malformed conditional ((${AFS:L} == "yes"))
  "Makefile", line 23: Missing dependency operator
  "Makefile", line 26: if-less endif
  "Makefile", line 26: Need an operator
  "Makefile", line 27: if-less endif
  "Makefile", line 27: Need an operator
  make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
  *** Error code 1 (continuing)

  Compilation finished at Wed Jan  9 11:41:53

I expect I need to start somewhere above and specify the right target
but I'm out of my depth here.   I'll rebuild the OS if needed, just
wanted to save time and get an answer back quickly.

Thanks.