Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 01:12:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't rsh with XWin32 - Security?

I have been trying to get XWin32 up and running in a Windows box
for some time now. All I get is "incorrect login".  It worked fine
with a previous 4.0 Release but now I am running 4.2 Stable.

I can telnet to my server OK using a different telnet text-only terminal emulator. For
some reason using XWin32 to telnet with rsh results in the same "incorrect login"
error I mentioned.

Now I am looking at security issues. There is perhaps some permission issue
if I have ssh installed? (I'm going from notes I've seen in the mail archives)

I wonder what could be the difference I am experiencing between a telnet login,
from text-type telnet emulators and XWin32's graphical login?

Any pointers or suggestions would be helpful.