Date:      06 May 2002 23:03:29 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [RFC] bsd.gnome.mk NG

--=-8IUARC9z34SbrqzG8dFe

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 05:23, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> Folks,
>=20
> In preparation to introduction of the GNOME2 desktop I started working
> out new from scratch reimplementation of bsd.gnome.mk, which should
> allow us to resolve number of issues with current GNOME1 infrastructure
> as well as to allow to intergate GNOME2 infrastructure properly.
>=20
> Attached please find proof-of-concept bsd.gnome.mk NG (work in progress
> therefore still incomplete) as well as example patch to move gnomelibs
> to the new infrastructure.
>=20
> Any feedback is appreciated.

I think we need a port that extracts just the lib and include components
from gnomecore, and add that to the list of GNOMEALL modules.  gnomecore
as it is directly conflicts with the GNOME 2.0 Desktop.  Either that, or
remove gnomecore from the list altogether.

While some apps depend on the panel libs, I'm seeing that these apps may
not work correctly in GNOME 2.0.  Since GNOME 2.0 isn't going to be
released until June now, we have some time to think about this I guess.

In any event, I do like the new layout.

Joe

>=20
> I also have in works new gnomehier port to create GNOME directory
> structure (you can see reference to it from bsd.gnomeng.mk). I'm planning
> to commit it tomorrow.
>=20
> -Maxim
> ----