Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:22:27 +0200
From:      Wim Livens <wim@livens.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Security camera

I have a brooktree video capture card and a camera.  I want to use
this as a security camera for my house.

Can anyone recommend any tools ?

Fxtv seems not practical for such long duration recording.  I
currently capture the frames with a simple script that takes a picture
every 5 seconds or so and saves it as separate jpeg files.  Then I
scan through them manually using xzgv.  But there must be a better
way.

Is there a way to compare two images and measuring how much they
differ ?  If so, I can drop all frames that don't differ
significantly.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,

--