Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 17:40:12 -0400
From:      "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@ChrisBowman.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about ncr.c

At 03:03 PM 5/21/99 -0600, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
>Christopher R. Bowman wrote...
>> a small section of ncr.c is presented below.  Shouldn't line 3851 read
>>
>> cam_sim_free(np->sim, /*free_simq*/TRUE);
>> instead of just free?  Not much practical difference, but it just seems more
correct.

>[ ... ]
>
>> 3850         if (xpt_bus_register(np->sim, 0) != CAM_SUCCESS) {
>> 3851                 free(np->sim, M_DEVBUF);
>> 3852                 return;
>> 3853         }
>
>Yeah, looks like a bug.  Your solution is correct.  The current code will
>cause a memory leak since np->sim->devq won't get freed.

it's not like it's a serious bug, it only happens if memory is short at ncr
attach time, and if that is the case, then you probably have other serious
problems, but then again if we are going to have loadedable drivers in the
future it is probably worth correcting.  Do I need to send-pr this or will you
take care of this (I don't have commit privs or I would do it myself).

On another note, while I have you, I was looking through my old email archives
and I found messages from when the cam work was being done saying that the ncr
driver hadn't as yet been fully camified.  Is there further work that needs to
be done on the ncr driver under cam?
--------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@ChrisBowman.com