Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:49:59 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        rssh@grad.kiev.ua
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, rnordier@iafrica.com, bde@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TenDRA C++

Ruslan Shevchenko scribbled this message on Feb 22:
[-- Warning: x-user-defined is not compatible with your display.]

> I was offline few days, during tehnical problems of my provider,
> so: what the current state of TenDRA porting ?

well, I did use the package that another person did real quickly..
and I've fixed tuname.c to report the proper information along with
freebsd in lowercase as it seems to want...

I've tried getting the dynamic part of TenDRA to work, but I haven't
removed the GCC bugosities from crt0.c (like the inline assembly)...

> I got TenDRA C++  running on FreeBSD (and do a port of GNU libio)
> and ask to somebody  from commiters to contact with me, about
> changes in FreeBSD headers, which  must done to support  TenDRA C++
> compiler.
> I will work on HP STL during next week.
>
> About C:
> Are port of Robert Nordier is submitted  ?
> His API nice, execpt changes to ctype.h

hmm.. not sure about this one...

> About POSIX API, what you receive:
>   1. write WRONG_POSIX in flags.
>   2. change FreeBSD to be POSIX
>      (by correcting misc/5785,  misc/5786
>       and #define _POSIX_JOBS_CONTROL as 1 to omitt TenDRA bug
>       (by words of Robert Andrews, it would be fixed in 4.1.2 near
> march)

well, I can fix the #define _POSIX_* assuming that no one on commiters
complain...  not sure about 1 or the pr's...

>      which, for me, is preferable.
>
> Thanks for all and sorry for poor English.

no problem...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD
	    Don't trust anyone you don't have the source for