Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:55:40 +0200 (EET)
From:      "Alexandr P. Kovalenko" <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/31581: editors/staroffice52 cannot be installed on 4.4-STABLE

>Number:         31581
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       editors/staroffice52 cannot be installed on 4.4-STABLE
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD mile.nevermind.kiev.ua 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #1: Tue Oct 16 19:42:25 EEST 2001 root@mile.nevermind.kiev.ua:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/mile i386

	While I was trying to install StarOffice5.2 port I was able to
	do 'make' it, but not 'make install', it outputs this (if you
	need more info about my FreeBSD, I can give it):

[root@mile /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52]# make
[root@mile /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52]# make install
===>  Installing for staroffice-5.2
StarOffice 5.2 Personal Install How-To

Written by:      Darren Wiebe <dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com>
                 and Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>

You will very shortly have finished  a network install of StarOffice 5.2.
Once that is done exit X11 and run it again as the user that you usually use.
Then run "make install-user" and do a standard workstation install.
Change the install path to $HOME/office52. Then add $HOME/office52/ to your path.

It will now be ready to use.

Good Luck

glibc version: 2.1.2
*** Error code 1 (ignored)

An error occured during StarOffice5.2 install. Please send a mail with debug-output and
some information about your FreeBSD-environment to mb@imp.ch. Thanks.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52.

>How-To-Repeat:
	cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52/
	make
	make install