Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:26:44 +0200
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net>
To:        Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>, Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't get to ATA133 (Addendum to previous post)

On Thursday 27 February 2003 11:08, someone, possibly Soeren Schmidt, typed:
> > I've already thought of that and the guy on site says the Promise
> > cables are 18 inches.
>
> Which is just about right...
>
> -S=F8ren

Strange, I was told 30cm emphatically by our local techie, but S=F8ren did=
=20
write the driver, so he's probably more correct than my techie. My mistake=
=20
:)

S=F8ren, what else could be causing this? On bootup, Len's system complains:

> ad4: DMA limited to UDMA33, non-ATA66 cable or device
> ad6: DMA limited to UDMA33, non-ATA66 cable or device

Yet the controller's BIOS is satisfied with the cables, and they are within=
=20
the length boundaries as you have correctly pointed out.

Any ideas?

Will

=2D-=20
Willie Viljoen