Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:50:19 -0700
From:      Ross Lippert <ripper@eskimo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   trying to get a fresh install

Hi.

I'm trying to make a fresh install on a computer which had
4.6 on it  (installing 4.7) and for some reason, although the
NEWFS=Y in every row of the disklabel dialog, I am seeing clear
signs that sysinstall is reading my old /var/db/pkg info among
other things.

This indicates to me that the newfs was somehow incomplete. It
is certainly possible that the disklabel partitions are just
identicle enough that it would line up correctly.  I do find it
very disconcerting that this happens.

How do I get newfs "for real"?  This is an ugly mess.

-r