Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:09:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      keith <keith@webair.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel / world out of sync?

Hi guys,

I'm getting these errors:
{webairadmin@gremlin 3:07pm} ~> vmstat
vmstat: undefined symbols:
 _kmemstatistics _bucket _zlist

In my experience that usually means the world and kernel are out of sync,
but I'm wondering if there can be any other causes. I first had
4.0-release on this machine, installed from the ISO, It had the same
errors, I then cvsupped and make {build,install}world and kernel fine...
but I still get the same errors.

Here's what I'm running:

{webairadmin@gremlin 3:07pm} ~> uname -a
FreeBSD gremlin.webair.com 4.2-STABLE FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #0: Thu Dec  7
13:27:59 EST 2000     root@gremlin.webair.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GREMLIN
i386

Freshly compiled today:

{webairadmin@gremlin 3:07pm} ~> ls -l /kernel
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  2130424 Dec  7 13:31 /kernel*
{webairadmin@gremlin 3:07pm} ~> ls -l /usr/bin/top
-r-xr-sr-x  1 root  kmem  32312 Dec  7 13:39 /usr/bin/top*

Is there any other cause for this? I'm totally at a loss.

Thanks,

--
Keith Simonsen <keith@webair.com>
Webair Internet Development, Inc.