Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:31:28 -0400
From:      Ross <westr@connection.ca>
To:        Sean Bruno <sbruno@miralink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: isp - error/scsi message

SB> Is it possible that something in one of the PATH's is failing?

Might be possible, but I don't think so - everything is heavily
monitored (HP c7000 blade w/brocade switch into dual controller EVA).

We're also using the gmultipath geom package to handle path failure,
and it hasn't triggered at all.  (it fails over nicely in testing at
least).

SB> Moreover, is the LUN failing due to this message, or is this just a
SB> message that you are seeing now and again?

It's just an occasional message and doesn't seem to cause any
performance degradation - I'm wondering if it's the dual active/active
controller on the EVA trying to force some load balancing or
something.

Basically I'm just trying to find out what the actual message means or
in what circumstances it would be generated, so I can do some more
hunting.

Cheers,
  Ross.

--