Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:40:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Fabrizio=20Ravazzini?= <freefabri@yahoo.it>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Balance.sourceforge.net & MailServer

Hello all, I've two mail servers, I want to balance
them with Balance.sourceforge.net.
In the documentation coming with balance is written
that the connection to the local machine can be
forwarded to other machine.
What I want is that the request that arrive to the
local machine(i.e. smtp or imap) is redirected or to
the local machine or to another machine in order to
balance 50%, this because I've got only two machines
and don't ave a third machine to install balance on
it.
Or, if I have two network cards for each machine, if
the request arrives on the first net.card of the first
machine is redirected to the second net card of the
same machine or, load-balanced to the second card of
the second machine.
Seems complicated... I make a scheme:

  +--------+ Ip2A         Ip2B +------------+
  | MX1    |-------------------|  MX2       |
  +--------+                   +------------+
     |        +---------------+        |

                     |Internet

I'd like to install Balance in the MX1 and serve
connections with either MX1 or MX2 at 50%.
Can I do this with balance or are there other
solutions with balance?
In DNS there are either records for MX1 and MX2, not
round-robin.
thanks a lot