Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:21:36 -0800
From:      "Erin" <kahn@deadbbs.com>
To:        "'Michael D. Harlan'" <r3mdh@rworld.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: SMTP Server / Pop-Authentication

It sounds to me like they are doing POP before SMTP auth. If this is the
case, you would need to login into your pop account before being able to
send any email via the SMTP server.

This means that you will not be able to use them as a general relay from
your system.

Someone may have made a script somewhere to get around such things, but I do
not have it.

HTH

Erin

mailto:kahn@deadbbs.com
http://www.deadbbs.com
http://www.fortenberry.net

"It takes a million monkeys at typewriters to write Shakespeare, but
only a dozen monkeys at computers to run Network Solutions."
                                  -- Patrick Delahanty