Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:48:31 mst7mst
From:      "Duke Normandin" <01031149@3web.net>
To:        igorr@crosswinds.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.3R <--> win95

On 24 Nov 00 at 10:44, Igor' Robul' wrote:

>Hello, Duke
>
>On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 11:42:50PM +0000, Duke Normandin wrote:
>> I want the following:
>> 3.3R <x-over> win95 <dial-up> ISP
>>
>> I *have* to use win95 to connect to my ISP. Win95 won't route so I'm
>> pooched as far as connecting to my ISP from the FBSD box - I think.
>>
>> So, for the moment, all I want is an ethernet connection between the two
>> boxes. Should I disable tun0 in rc.conf? Can't the "lo0, tun0 and ep0
>> co-exist? I thought that "routed" was suppose to do just that. What
>Disable tun0. You don't need it.
>Also, make sure you have made correct crossover.

The crossover custom (professionally) made and pre-tested. So I'm relying
on that. Do I comment out the following in rc.conf to disable tun0:?

if_config_tun0=""

and remove tun0 from the following:?

network_interface="lo0 tun0 ep0"

Why would I *have* to do that? What if I wanted to use a modem on tun0
*and* ep0 for my LAN? Should I not be able to use both, with ppp "bound" to
tun0 only, or does ppp drive the packets on ethernet as well? I'm so
confused, I wouldn't know sh*t from Shine-Olla anymore ;,) Thanks...

-duke
Calgary,Alberta, Canada