Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:30:32 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brdavis@orion.ac.hmc.edu>
To:        "Breindel, Joshua" <JDB@dolby.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Very quick question...

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 10:57:52AM -0700, Breindel, Joshua wrote:
>   The FreeBSD Handbook refers to the kernel support for the 3Com 3C509 (ep0)
> as being "buggy".  Is this something I should worry about (this is the
> network card that I have)?

Maybe.  Lots of people have reported good performance and no problems
while others have had no end of trouble.  If it works for you then just
ignore the note.  If it doesn't, then get a new nic.

-- Brooks

--
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one"