Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 00:20:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      "reel@sympatico.ca" <reel@idemnia.ath.cx>
To:        ligang <ligang@fesco.com.cn>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Q:how to get XFree86-3.3.6_x.tgz

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, ligang wrote:

> Sorry to distrub you,
No problem, heh.
>         I  want install a Netscape from packages, but the dep-pkg: XFree86-3.3.6_6.tgz and 3.3.6_7.tgz is not in the packages/all directory, where to get it?
>        I use 4.2FreeBSD,  i don't want install it from ftp site, it's too slowly. I only want download the packages to install it.
>         Thanks.

Look at the XFree86 webpage (www.xfree86.org), they will point you to
their FTP site. As I can see in there, you can easily download the sources
for 3.3.6, but i don't know if it's 3.3.6_6 or 7. There are the binaries
too. I suggest you try the XFree86-4.x-BRANCH. It seems that they have
a subdirectory in their ftp for FreeBSD 4.x. (under binaries).

Have a nice day!