Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 22:54:59 -0500
From:      "dcorace@sgi.net" <dcorace@sgi.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   install on compaq

I am trying to install 2.2.5 on a Compaq Proliant 4000, the 4000s do not
support PCI, the only scsi controller that is present is the onboard NCR
53c710, my only ehternet card is a netflex II.  It seems as though
neither are supported.  Can you confirm this and let me know what my
options are.  During the install I see that the 2.2.5 recognizes the NCR
controller but can't seem to do any thing with it.  Will I need to buy a
2742 or a bus logic and an ethernet card?  In the future I plan to use
the CPQArray EISA controller for hardware RAID 5, will this be
supported?  One more question, will 2.2.5 see dual or quad processors,
currently 486DX-50s, and I am assuming any 32 bit OS, 2.2.5 included,
will see all 512mb of RAM, is this a fair assumption?

Soon to be FreeBSD geek or is it Geek
Don Corace
dcorace@sgi.net or dcorace@inacom.com