Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:02:03 +0700
From:      brian <brian@frtnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   natd problem

Dear all,

    I modified the following lines to make natd works .

    1. change kernel for  options IPFIREWALL

                          options IPDIVERT

    2. enable gateway

    3. change in /etc/services :

            natd  6668/divert

    4. run natd -interface ed0

            /sbin/ipfw -f flush

            /sbin/ipfw add divert 6668 all from any to any via ed0

            /sbin/ipfw add pass all from any to any

        I could ping the maching from one to the other, however, I could

not ftp to the machine .

        e.g.  ftp 10.0.0.4 ( server with dual ip)

        will always time out . Why ?

thanks

Brian