Date:      Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:34:37 +0900
From:      itojun@iijlab.net
To:        Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
Cc:        ume@mahoroba.org, Arjan.deVet@adv.iae.nl, n@nectar.com, freebsd@dohd.org, rasputin@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org, darrenr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFILTER IPv6 support non-functional?

>> 	yup, that is what i saw in the latest.  also ipf does not chase
>> 	extension headers, so even if you try to filter tcp, "tcp with
>> 	routing header" will go through.  not sure how should we model filter
>> 	languages in presense of header chain.
>Aren't TCP, UDP and ICMP required to be the "last header" ?  That is,
>they must be preceeded by routing headers, etc.

	that is what I was trying to mean.
	TCP/UDP/ICMP are the last header, routing headers are placed between
	IPv6 header and TCP headers.

	so a TCP packet with routing header will be like this:
		IPv6 routing TCP payload

	ip6_nxt is IPPROTO_ROUTING, and ip6e_nxt in routing header will be
	IPPROTO_TCP.

	fil.c:fr_check() does not seem to skip these intermediate headers,
	so the above packet will pass "drop tcp packets" filter.

itojun