Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:54:36 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@freebsd-services.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp -nat fails with adsl, but ok with modem

Brian Somers wrote:

[lots of early history of this thread snipped]

| > |
| > |   - Install the latest version of ppp from http://www.Awfulahk.org/ppp.html
| >
| > OK, I'll grab it and give it a try.
| >
| > Will it be OK to install that on a 4.1-RELEASE box?
|
| Should be.
|
| > Should I still use the following lines in my ppp.conf?
| >
| >     set mru 1492
| >     set mtu 1492
|
| These shouldn't be required any more.

OK, I have just built and installed ppp-020311 on my 4.2 box,
but it seems not to make any difference -- nothing works, even
from the ppp host, unless I also run tcpmssd.

In case I've done something wrong, here are all the relevant
lines from my ppp.conf (with auth data disguised):

my-label:
 set device PPPoE:xl0
 set authname xxxxxxx
 set authkey yyyyyyy
 set speed sync
 enable lqr
 set cd 5
 set dial
 set login
 set redial 0 0
 set ifaddr 203.143.238.93 0.0.0.0/0
 add default HISADDR
 set timeout 0

default:
 set log Phase Chat IPCP CCP tun command

Have I done something wrong here, or is there further info
needed to answer that?

Greg