Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:00:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@webweaving.org>
Subject:   patches for USB

As many things are still being tested, especially wrt OHCI controllers
(support for them is fairly non-functional at the moment), I'll be
updating a set of patches available from

	http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/usb/USB-patch-CURRENT

The patch is not for the faint of heart. It contains a snapshot of what
I am doing at the moment, and, allthough I do my best to make things
work, I'm pretty sure it will bomb your system.

The list of things that are patched in there:

CHANGELOG
20000131
   - Test bug-fix for handling of the done queue
      - handling of error queues where the transfer consists of more
        than one TD (OHCI_TD_HANDLED)
      - Better handling of the done queue when the TD that was in tailp
        is added to the done queue. In that case we simply skip it and
        proceed with the rest of the queue instead of dropping the whole
        queue.
   - Updated umass driver
      ** Be warned: While using it /bin/login all of a sudden coredumped
      ** and other things in the kernel went wrong mysteriously (vm
      ** errors, etc.).
   - Fix for the handling of suspend (patch has been posted on usb-bsd)
   - Fix for deallocation of resources when attach fails (both OHCI and
     UHCI).

Please note that discussions on USB are held in usb-bsd and anyone
interested is encouraged to subscribe to that mailing list at
www.egroups.com. It is also available through the web interface
http://www.egroups.com/.

Cheers.

Nick

P.S.: The patch is not mentioned on the web page because the site is out
of date. I'll be updating the site tomorrow or the day after.
--
n_hibma@webweaving.org
n_hibma@freebsd.org                                          USB project