Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:57:34 +0900 (JST)
From:      hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        delta@xti.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA CDROMs

In article <19990820152559.C82473@mordor.xti.org>
delta@xti.org writes:

>> I'm (as you probably know by now) planning on buying a Z505SX, which has
>> no internal CDROM, and the recommended options are PCMCIA stuff, so I ask
>> you, if I want a PCMCIA cdrom supported by FreeBSD, which one should I
>> get?

PAO2 supports many SCSI and ATAPI CD-ROM.

PAO3 supports ATAPI CD-ROM only because no PC-Card SCSI devices has
not been ported to CAM SCSI architecture yet.

-CURRENT will, I think, support ATAPI CD-ROM soon (I have a working
patch and testing on many cards now).

So, I think that ATAPI CD-ROM is the best choise.

--
HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi
Assistant Manager